Jewelry, pottery, candles, paintings and scarves are just some of the handmade items that will be available at Handmade Holiday, a one-day makers market to be held by Wheeling Heritage. The event will take place on Dec. 1 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the third floor of the Wheeling Artisan Center.
More than 30 artists and makers will be selling their unique work at the event. Admission is free.
Inspired by the independent craft fair movement throughout the country, Handmade Holiday strives to establish a marketplace of unique and creative handmade goods that support local artists and increases awareness about handmade, locally produced craft goods and processes.
“This is a great opportunity to do some Christmas shopping and get in the holiday spirit,” said Chris Villamagna, Wheeling Heritage Program Manager. “It makes shopping local easy, and it also gives shoppers a chance to find unique gifts for their friends and family.”
There will be various drawings throughout the day, and a DJ will be spinning vinyl between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. Wheeling Heritage will provide free hot chocolate, coffee and water for attendees throughout the day. River City Restaurant will also have a booth at the event, where they will sell wine, beer and a special holiday-themed drink.
Participating artists and makers:
- The Blended Homestead – cutting boards and crocheted blankets
- Bomtron – pop culture-inspired paintings and drawings
- Rachel Dennison – acrylic paintings
- Rosalie Haizlett – nature-inspired prints & greeting cards
- Cheryl and Marc Harshman – 2-D art, ornaments, quilted wall hangings, books
- Jekyll and Plaid – crocheted wearables
- Unique Treats by Jacquie – gourmet caramel apples
- Little Grave Creek Designs – handmade jewelry
- Shapeless Flame – embroidery, illustration, stickers
- Indigo Lane Handmade Goods – hand-dyed scarves, wall hangings, etc.
- Patrice Lehocky – jewelry from broken dinnerware
- White Tile Design – coasters and hand sewn goods
- Apartment Two Art – soy candles, wax melts & bath bombs
- Lone Stone Designs – sterling silver jewelry
- Jes Reger Watercolor – watercolor paintings
- Design with Chalk – chalk paste designs on wood, canvas & metal
- MEM Squad – local theme t-shirts
- Funky Ceramics – hand built and wheel thrown ceramic vessels
- Queen of the Gravity Urge – mixed media and watercolor
- Zac Templeton – stained glass
- Nancy Tirone – mixed media collage
- Lambros Tsuhlares – pottery
- Robert Villamagna – tin can collage & assemblage
- Sew Much More – embroidered items and quilting
- River Valley Designs – handmade jewelry/silversmith
- Jennifer Woollard – knit & crochet hats, mitts & wraps
- Quiet Nook Cottage Crafts – found & broken object jewelry
- Ediebelle Creative – ceramics & photography
- The Wheeling Feeling – designed & screen printed shirts, memo books and screened boxes