Show of Hands is a community-supported crowd-funding event. Community members are presented with projects that would positively impact Wheeling and vote on the project they want to support with donations from the door and generous support of our community partners.
If you or someone you know is hoping to expand or open a business in Wheeling and would like funding to help move the project along, please follow the links below to the application. All projects are welcome to apply, but only four will be chosen to present at the next Show of Hands event.
How Show of Hands works:
- Attendees make a donation of at least $5 for a vote.
- Four pre-selected proposals for projects that benefit the community are presented.
- Attendees cast their vote for the project they want to help fund.
- The project with the most votes receives all of the money raised by those voting + more than $3,000 from community partners.
- Winners come back to a future Show of Hands to tell the audience how their project went/is progressing, how they used the money, and the impact it had on the community.
Your support of Show of Hands is greatly appreciated and will show individuals presenting projects that they have the support of a strong community.
Next Event Details
- This Show of Hands will be virtual!
- We will be filming four separate videos, each featuring a presenter.
- Each video will be shared on our social media platforms.
- Viewers can then go to our website, wheelingheritage.org, to make a $5 donation and vote.