Show of Hands is a community-supported, crowd-funding event. Community members are presented projects that would positively impact Wheeling and vote on the project they want to support with donations from the door and a generous support of our community partners.
If you or someone you know is working on a community project and would like some funding to help move the project along, please follow the links below to the application. All projects are welcome to apply, but only four will be chosen to present at the first Show of Hands event. Applications are due by:
11:59 PM on Wednesday, February 8.
How Show of Hands works:
– Attendees make a donation of at least $5 for a vote.
– Four pre-selected proposals for projects that benefit the community are presented.
– Attendees cast their vote for the project they want to help fund.
– The project with the most votes receives all of the money raised at the door + the $2,000 prize from community partners.
– Winners come back to a future Show of Hands to tell the audience how their project went/is progressing, how they used the money, and the impact the project had on the community.
– Date: February 22
– Time: Doors open at 5:30 PM, Program will begin at 6:00 PM
– Location: Wheeling Artisan Center, 3rd floor (1400 Main Street)
– A $5 donation gets you a vote, and a $10 or more donation gets you 60 seconds to make an announcement regarding something you or your organization is doing.
Your attendance at Show of Hands is greatly appreciated, and will show individuals presenting projects that they have the support of strong community.
Show of Hands – Downtown Project Funding Agreement
(Required for Application)