Full-time Retail Manager
Wheeling Heritage is seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual to join its retail team at the Artisan Center Shop. Candidates who possess previous boutique retail experience are preferred. Ideal candidates have exceptional verbal communication skills and a passion for local artisan goods.
This position will be accountable for the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain knowledge of current inventory, sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and changes, and security practices.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Clean shelves, counters, tables and other retail premises.
- Market the store and its products through social media and events.
- Track and manage key performance indicators like month-over-month sales, items per transaction.
- Manage inventory and develop and implement loss prevention controls.
- Develop and implement events that drive traffic and sales.
- Develop and implement tools that communicate the mission of the store and promote its artists.
This is a full-time position, with up to 40 hours a week, including some Saturdays. If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Wheeling Heritage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.