Full-time Retail Manager
Wheeling Heritage is seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual to join its retail team at the Artisan Center Shop. Previous boutique retail experience is required. Ideal candidates have exceptional verbal communication skills and a passion for local artisan goods.
This position will be accountable for the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain knowledge of current inventory, sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and changes, and security practices.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Clean shelves, counters, tables and other retail premises.
- Market the store and its products through social media and events.
- Track and manage key performance indicators like month-over-month sales, items per transaction.
- Manage inventory and develop and implement loss prevention controls.
- Develop and implement events that drive traffic and sales.
- Develop and implement tools that communicate the mission of the store and promote its artists.
This is a full-time position, with up to 40 hours a week, including some Saturdays. If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Wheeling Heritage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.