Project and Outreach Manager
The Wheeling National Heritage Area Corp. seeks a dynamic individual to join their leadership team. Candidates who possess previous experience with local or statewide “Main Street” programs/projects or related activities are preferred. Ideal candidates must have great presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, thrive with community outreach/relations and be an avid networker and communication specialist in addition to having exceptional command and utilization of social media, Microsoft Office applications, and other web based marketing/design platforms and technology.
This position will be accountable for the following primary responsibilities:
- Management of the Main Street program, Reinvent Wheeling, and related activities
- Manage and implement the organization’s marketing strategies through social media, advertising, marketing, event planning, and related efforts
- Coordinate and lead community-supported crowdfunding programs (i.e., Show of Hands)
- Write and manage needed/new grants
- Develop partnerships and relationships with downtown Wheeling stakeholders, including, but not limited to, the business community, non-profits, and government entities to accomplish strategic objectives
- Provide and increase education about revitalization and related best practices
- Recruit, coordinate, and manage organization volunteers (i.e., Main Street committees and working groups)
- Serve as lead communication specialist for the organization, leading key messaging and outbound communications (press releases, design collateral, social media outlets, etc.)
This position provides a very competitive compensation package that is commensurate upon experience level. This position also provides health insurance. If you feel you are a good fit for this newly constructed role, please send your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your marketing or advertising work product via e-mail by no later than January 13, 2017, in confidence, to Mr. Jake Dougherty, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer